Little Love Studios
First off, we really want you to be comfortable. If you aren't comfortable, it will translate into the photos. We want you to both look and feel your best. After you book your session, Erika will give you a call for a wardrobe consultation. We can even set up a Pinterest board with ideas to help you pull your outfits together. Here are a few good general rules to follow when dressing yourself and your family for your portraits:
1. Don't do matchy matchy. The days of khaki pants and white polo shirts are definitely over! It's great to coordinate your color palette with your family, but please don't feel the need to match perfectly.
2. Avoid busy patterns and logos. Simple attire tends to photograph best!
3. Layer and accessorize! Vests, jackets, cardigans, scarves, hats, belts... these all add texture to your photos. Top it off with a headband, earrings, necklaces, bangles, etc. to complete the look.
4. Bring options! It's great to come to your session with a few options to consider. You can try them on and show them to me if you'd like and we can decide together what will be best.
5. Wear things that express who you are! If your kids love their red converse shoes, let them wear them (at least for a few shots!). If they play soccer or ride horses or are on the baseball team, consider bringing items with you that will represent these passions!
If you feel lost in what to wear, you are so not alone! Please call or email the studio. We would love to help you look your best!
What to Wear